Multi-Level Violence Prevention Strategy
The goal of this project is the creation of a multi-level violence prevention strategy for use by institutions of higher education within Missouri that focuses on encouraging a culture of care and a desire to engage in preventing potentially harmful situations.
The following are those components that will be delivered throughout the project:
- Deliverable 1: Intervention training program
- Deliverable 2: Online training for first-year students (pre-matriculation program)
- Deliverable 3: Community-level violence prevention elements
Interested in becoming a facilitator for Engage on your campus? Register here!
This project also aims to be accessible and adaptable for each individual institution of higher education, framing bystander behavior within the context of community connection and a sense of belonging. Overall, the focus is on the following take-aways:
- Why you should care/intervene (i.e., civic responsibility, bystander effect)
- How you can show care/intervene
- How to apply a variety of approaches
- How your different identities might influence your ability/willingness to show care/intervene
- What resources are available
Delegation of Responsibilities
At a Glance
MOCADSV's Sexual Violence on Campus Guiding Practices for Prevention
Learn more about the basis for the Engage project and our commitment to creating a product that is adaptable and meets the needs of campuses. Special thanks to our partners at MOCADSV for their research with campuses to create this guidance document for our work moving forward. Download the report here.
- Contract effective: May 2021
- Subcontract with Missouri Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence (MOCADSV): Summer 2021
- Create and implement “bystander survey” for student feedback: Summer/Fall 2021
- MOCADSV implementation of listening sessions and survey with campus partners: Fall 2021
- Review and request feedback of the pre-matriculation training program outline: Winter 2022
- Implement MACHB survey: February/March 2022
- Technical assistance at the Meeting of the Minds conference: April 2022
- Pilot individual components of the “bystander” intervention training: Late Spring 2022
- Train on the implementation of both the pre-matriculation module and the intervention training program: Summer 2022
- Develop social marketing campaign: Summer 2022
- Implement pre-matriculation module: Summer 2022
- Implement intervention training: Fall 2022
- Implement social marketing campaign: Fall 2022
This project is a grant funded by the State of Missouri, Department of Health and Human Services.
PIP is partnering with MOCADSV and DHSS Office on Women’s Health on this project. Find out more about this collaboration and how our organizations have collaborated previously here